In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful.
All the praise is due to Allah, the Lord of Al-Alamin.
The Most Beneficient and the Most Merciful.
The only Owner of the Day of Recompense.
You alone we worship and You we ask for help.
Guide us to the straight path.
The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your grace, not of those who earned Your anger nor of those who went astray.
Other names of Surah Al-Fatihah.
1. The Opening Chapter (Fitihatul-Kitab)
2. The Mother of the Book (Ummul-Kitab)
3. The Mother of the Qur’an (Ummul-Qur’an)
4. The Seven Oft-recited and the Magnificent Qur’an (As-Sab’ul Mathani wal Qur’anul “Azim)
5. The Praise (Al-Hamd), because it begins with the mention of praise.
6. The Prayer (As Salat), because the Prophet salalahu alahim wa salam mentioned that Allah Almighty said:
I have divided the Salat into two halves between
Me and my servant.” Reported by Muslim.
7. The Cure (Ash-Shifa)
8. The Incantation (Ar Ruqyah)
9. The Protection (Al-Waqiyah)
Some benefits that can be derived from Surat Al Fatihah.
The recitation of Al Fatihah is one of the pillars of prayer, for the Prophet said:
There is no prayer for he who doesn’t recite the Opening of the Book.
As for the one who follows an Imam during prayer, it is obligatory according to the correct opinion, in both the quiet and audible prayers.
It includes the meaning of worship, which is comprehensive. It signifies all that Allah loves and is pleased with, from sayings and deeds, both apparent and hidden.The Muslim must remember the Day of Recompense, the Day of accountability and reward. When one remembers that Day, one will be better able to perform the obligatory deeds and avoid unlawful deed.
Taken from the book: Explanation of Important lessons for every Muslims.